Activist Comment Policy
The Activist wants to encourage an open exchange of information and ideas. But, if you become a nuisance while using these forums/blogs, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to remove your comment(s) and/or ban you from this forum.
Offending comments include, but are not limited to:
- Potentially libelous (slanderous)
- Defamatory, abusive, obscene, racist, or otherwise hateful
- Pointless, excessively foul and/or vulgar language
- Inappropriately sexual
- Baseless personal attacks or otherwise threatening, or baiting someone into such comments
- Illegal material or material that infringes on the rights of others
- Commercial postings attempting to sell a product/item
- Completely off-topic material
- Repeated (or incredibly similar) posts on the same story, place, event, etc.
- Or any other material that infringes on the ability of others to enjoy The Activist.
By participating in our blogs, you agree not to post such material. Comments that are off-topic and are borderline removable will usually be removed; comments that are on-topic will be given more latitude.
In our quest to provide diverse voices from the community and encourage an open dialogue, we assume as little control over comments and blogs as possible. The opinions expressed on these blogs and in reader-posted comments are not necessarily the opinions of our site, YDS or DSA.
It is important to know that we cannot and DO NOT review every single comment on our blogs. So, take what you find with a grain of salt. Please be aware that many people in online communities derive great pleasure from trying to upset others. We would encourage you to simply ignore these types of antagonists — usually such people will simply move on after they receive little attention.
We do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any posting, regardless of whether the posting comes from a blogger or from a reader of the site. Responsibility for what is posted on our blogs lies with the relevant participant alone … you alone are responsible for the material you post.
We expect that you will not use our blogs to violate anyone’s rights in copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property.
By posting comments here, you are representing that you are the owner of the material, or are making your submission with the explicit consent of the owner. Submitting material that is the property of another without the specific consent of its owner is not only a violation of this user agreement, but may also subject you to legal liability for infringement of copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
By participating in our blogs, you agree to abide by the terms of this agreement.
We reserve the right to change this agreement at any time.